Dev D. Patel
Dev D. Patel is an attorney at The Law Office of Kyle A. Patrick, P.C.. Dev started his career as a civil attorney working primarily in litigation, spent some time as a criminal prosecutor, and is now working in the areas of probate, conservatorships, trusts and estates, and litigation related to these areas of the law. He has experience in guiding clients through procedures and deadlines involved in California trust administration, conservatorships, and guardianships, and litigation related to these areas.
Being a native of Corona, California, Dev understands the needs of the people here in the Inland Empre, and is drawn to helping families of all types find peace of mind through detailed estate planning. He recognizes that it isn’t always easy for clients to discuss their final considerations, and understands that clients need someone who will listen to them first and foremost. Dev approaches his practice as a highly attentive and client-focused attorney. He is fluent in English, Spanish, Gujarati, and Hindi.
Dev is admitted to practice before all courts in the State of California and in all United States District Courts in California. Dev is also admitted to practice before all courts in the State of Idaho and State of Arizona, and in the United States District Court for the State of Idaho and State of Arizona.
Prior to earning his Juris Doctor from the University of La Verne College of Law, Dev earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Sociology with an emphasis on Criminology from Brigham Young University-Idaho.
In his time away from the office, Dev loves spending time with his wife and three children, enjoys scuba diving, reading, and writing and participating in Corona’s Masonic Lodge, Temescal Palms #314 where he has been a member since 2009.
A Representative Sampling of Mr. Patel’s Experience is as Follows:
- Worked as a general liability defense attorney for a Tier 1 law firm.
- Has helped settle numerous cases with favorable outcomes for his clients in medical malpractice defense, foreclosure defense, unlawful detainer, and general liability areas of law.
- Has drafted discovery, defended and taken depositions, and drafted motions for various types of cases.
- Has won trials in unlawful detainer matters.
- Drafted and won a motion for summary judgment on a quiet title action.
Probate Estate and Trust Litigation
- Has assisted in trials and evidentiary hearings in power of attorney, and other matters where his clients received a favorable outcome.
- Has won a solo trial saving his client’s home from an inheritance issue.
- Has drafted accounting petitions, and drafted accountings for conservatorships, and special needs trusts.
- Has settled numerous cases regarding inheritance and intestacy issues.
- Has experience drafting and amending estate plans.
- Has appeared on numerous petitions in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Los Angeles Counties.
Conservatorships and Conservatorship Litigation
- Has assisted in trials and evidentiary hearings in conservatorship matters where his clients received a favorable outcome.
- Has appeared on numerous conservatorship petitions in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Los Angeles Counties.
- Served as a Deputy County Prosecutor in 2016
- Handled all misdemeanor cases throughout the entire county.
- Handled all traffic matters throughout the entire county.
- Handled all juvenile matters throughout the entire county.
- Settled and diverted many cases, saving the state of Idaho the time and expense of going to trial.
Associate, The Law Office of Kyle A. Patrick (Present); Attorney, Saunders Law Group, LTD. (2021-Present); Associate, The Law Offices of William M. Nassar (2020-2021); Associate, Sandoval Legacy Group (2019-2020); Associate, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith (2019); Associate, Thomsen Holman Wheiler (2016-2017); Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Jefferson County Idaho (2016).
Education and Honors
University of La Verne-College of Law (J.D., 2016); Brigham Young University-Idaho (B.S. Sociology, and Criminology Certificate, 2008).
United States District Court, Southern District of California (2021); United States District Court, Eastern District of California (2021); United States District Court, Northern District of California (2021); United States District Court, District of Arizona (2019); United States District Court, Central District of California (2018); United States District and Bankruptcy Court, District of Idaho (2016);
California State Bar (2018); Arizona State Bar (2017); Idaho State Bar (2016);
Community Affiliations and Activities
Temescal Palms #314 Free and Accepted Masons, Member (2009-Present); Temescal Palms #314 Free and Accepted Masons, Board of Trustees President (2019-2022)
Speaks fluent English, Spanish, Gujarati, and Hindi