Joscelyn Betancourth Carrillo
Joscelyn B. Carrillo is a law clerk at The Law Office of Kyle A. Patrick, P.C. Joscelyn has been assisting with probate matters since 2016. She is readily familiar with probates, conservatorships, estate plans, trust administration, and litigation in these areas.
Joscelyn graduated from the University of California, Riverside with a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Administrative Studies. Joscelyn is currently a part-time evening law student at the University of La Verne College of Law and she is a certified law student with the State Bar of California. Joscelyn will graduate from law school in May 2024.
Joscelyn aspires to grow in the probate field to continue helping families during a difficult time and easing the process for clients by managing all probate matters in an efficient manner.
Outside of work, Joscelyn enjoys spending time with her husband and her dogs relaxing at home.
A Representative Sampling of Mrs. Carrillo’s Experience is as Follows:
Probate Estate and Trust Litigation:
- Prepared probate petitions from start to finish including, but not limited to, preparing inventory and appraisals, drafting first and final accounts, negotiating with creditors, drafting report of sales, and communicating with realtors.
- Assisted with non-probate transfers including drafting small estate affidavits (13100 Declarations), Petitions to Determine Succession to Real Property, Affidavits of Death of Joint Tenants/Trustees, and Spousal Property Petitions.
- Assisted attorneys with estate plans including, but not limited to, drafting trust transfer deeds and supporting forms, drafting advance health care directives and durable power of attorneys, and assembling estate plan binders.
- Prepared statutory notices, trust distribution memos, and trust distribution deeds.
- Assisted attorneys with trial preparation and discovery including, but not limited to, drafting trial subpoenas, drafting deposition subpoenas, arranging depositions, compiling and bates stamping exhibits, assembling trial binders, and interviewing clients for discovery responses.
- Prepared several general, temporary, and limited conservatorships from start to finish.
- Prepared Petitions to Transfer Conservatorships between Counties, and Petitions to Transfer Conservatorships in or out of California as needed.
- Prepared accounting petitions and petitions for fees.
University of La Verne College of Law – J.D. Candidate (2024)
University of California, Riverside – B.A., Economics/Administrative Studies (2018)
Law Clerk, The Law Office of Kyle A. Patrick (November 2022-Current)
Paralegal, The Law Office of Kyle A. Patrick (July 2018-November 2022)
Legal Assistant, The Law Office of Kyle A. Patrick (July 2016-June 2018)
Riverside County Bar Association
San Bernardino County Bar Association
English and Spanish