Joscelyn Betancourth Carrillo
Joscelyn Betancourth Carrillo is a paralegal at The Law Office of Kyle A. Patrick, P.C. She has been working at this firm for over five years. Joscelyn was born and raised in Los Angeles, but has been living in Riverside County since 2013. She is readily familiar with handling probate and trust administration matters. Joscelyn is fluent in Spanish.
Joscelyn graduated from the University of California, Riverside with a B.A. in Economics/Administrative Studies. Joscelyn is currently a part-time evening law student at the University of La Verne College of Law. She aspires to grow in the probate field to continue helping families during a difficult time and to ease the process for clients by managing the probate matters in an efficient manner.
Outside of work, Joscelyn enjoys spending time with her husband and her dogs relaxing at home.
A Representative Sampling of Mrs. Carrillo’s Experience is as Follows:
Probate Estate and Trust Litigation:
- Prepared probate petitions from start to finish including preparing inventory and appraisals, drafting first and final accounts, and negotiating with creditors.
- Assisted attorneys with trial preparation including compiling exhibits, bates stamping, and assembling binders.
- Drafted numerous deeds, subpoenas, and supporting documents for probate matters.
- Assisted attorneys with translating estate plans for Spanish speakers.
Conservatorships and Conservatorship Litigation
- Prepared general, temporary, and limited conservatorships from start to finish.
- Prepared Petitions to Transfer Conservatorships between Counties, and Petitions to Transfer Conservatorships in or out of California as needed.
University of La Verne College of Law
Juris Doctor Candidate, expected May 2024
Recipient, Dean’s Merit Scholarship, 2020, 2021
University of California, Riverside
Bachelor of Arts in Economics/Administrative Studies and a concentration in Human Resources Management/Labor Relations, June 2018
Member, Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society, 2017-2018
Paralegal, The Law Office of Kyle A. Patrick (July 2018-Current)
Legal Assistant, The Law Office of Kyle A. Patrick (July 2016-June 2018)